Deploying SQL Server in the AWS Cloud with Amazon RDS for SQL Server
Amazon RDS for SQL Server makes it easy to set up, operate, and scale SQL Server deployments in the cloud. As a fully managed service you no longer need to worry about hardware provisioning, software patching, or backups. All while being able to enable high availability quickly and easily if you want it.
This day will focus on the key concepts of Amazon RDS for SQL Server and how to deploy database resources quickly and efficiently. Giving you the core knowledge to get started with SQL Server in the AWS Cloud.
Key topics covered will be as follows.
- Introduction to Amazon RDS for SQL Server
- Deploying Amazon RDS for SQL Server
- Database migration options
- High Availability & Disaster Recovery
- Monitoring, and management
- Optimisation and Scaling
Feedback Link: https://sqlb.it/?7148
Starts: 09:00 8th Mar 2022
Ends: 17:00 8th Mar 2022
- This day will focus on the key concepts of Amazon RDS for SQL Server and how to deploy database resources quickly and efficiently. Giving you the core knowledge to get started with SQL Server in the AWS Cloud.
Should delegates bring a laptop with them?
- Not required
If so what Spec?
What software and licences do they need?
What is the structure of the day?
- 1 hr - Intro to AWS ecosystem, key terms and concepts, overview of what RDS for SQL Server is, high level architecture of what will be deployed by the end of the day. 1.5 hr - Deploying and configuring RDS for SQL Server, Parameter Groups, Option Groups, High Availability. 1 hr - Migrating databases to RDS for SQL Server (backup/restore & AWS DMS). 1 hr - RDS for SQL Server Security & Compliance. 1 hr - Backup, Restore, and DR options. 1 hr - Monitoring, Scaling, and Optimisation of RDS for SQL Server.
What internet requirements do the delegates have?
What will the delegates get out of the day?
- This day of training will give them the core knowledge to be able to deploy SQL Server for RDS on the AWS platform in a secure and compliant way. This will act as a foundation on which they can then customise and build out their own environments.
- Amazon RDS for SQL Server
The SQL Bits Story
SQLBits was formed in 2007 by a group of volunteers who were passionate about the SQL Server product suite and wanted to provide much-needed community-driven education to the data community.
As one of the largest data platform conferences in the world, we offer more opportunities to a wider audience.
We’ve grown and expanded a lot since 2007.
SQLBits is the best place to meet fellow data professionals.
We welcome data professionals from all over the globe.
1140 recorded sessions
All the live sessions are recorded and offered for free, year round.
Experience the SQLBits Conference
Want to be part of the SQLBits community?
Attend the London conference in-person or virtually on