Github and Azure DevOps Duet - SQLBits edition
Welcome to GitHub and Azure DevOps Duet. A session created due to the rising interest in using both together.
It's a tale about how a development team and an operations team must bond together and figure out how to use GitHub and Azure DevOps together for Data Platform deployments.
They need to figure out how to use GitHub and Azure DevOps together to implement their processes and make it work for all parties.
In the session we will discuss:
- the challenges of implementing DevOps
- which features from GitHub and Azure DevOps to use
- setting up a database solution project
- testing your database releases using tSQLt
- setting up your GitHub Actions workflows
- managing your manual tests strategy
- using Power BI to show data from both together
By the end of this session this session you will have the tools and knowledge to get started with DevOps and take your development process to the next level.
Feel free to bring along your questions about either products. Sander is well known for being a GitHub advocate, and I've worked with Azure DevOps for one of the largest consumers of it in the world.
Feedback Link - https://sqlb.it/?7083
Starts: 10:10 11th Mar 2022
Ends: 11:00 11th Mar 2022
- A tale about how a development team and an operations team must bond together and figure out how to use GitHub and Azure DevOps together for Data Platform deployments.
- Azure DevOps, GitHub & tSQLt
The SQL Bits Story
SQLBits was formed in 2007 by a group of volunteers who were passionate about the SQL Server product suite and wanted to provide much-needed community-driven education to the data community.
As one of the largest data platform conferences in the world, we offer more opportunities to a wider audience.
We’ve grown and expanded a lot since 2007.
SQLBits is the best place to meet fellow data professionals.
We welcome data professionals from all over the globe.
1140 recorded sessions
All the live sessions are recorded and offered for free, year round.
Experience the SQLBits Conference
Want to be part of the SQLBits community?
Attend the London conference in-person or virtually on