A Day of Azure Data Explorer
We get that data pros are under pressure to analyze data to get insights from it. However, batch style analytics - where we receive results hours or even days after the fact - is no longer good enough for decision makers. We need to execute near-real-time analytics, and we must run it against a wide breadth of data: structured, semi-structured, IoT data etc., etc. But how do we achieve this and what tools are best to make this happen in your data environment?
The answer is Azure Data Explorer (ADX). Azure Data Explorer is a fast, fully managed data analytics service for real-time analysis specifically designed for large volumes of data streaming. From applications, websites, IoT devices, ADX can .. . . .
In this full day training session, we look in detail at Azure Data Explorer, what it is, and how we can use it to blazingly fast query billions of rows in near real-time .
Topics we look at:
* Overview of ADX
* ADX Architecture
* Ingestion into ADX from Kafka, EventHubs, etc.
* Overview of Kusto Query Language (KQL)
* Advanced KQL queries; ML, Timeseries, etc.
Feedback link https://sqlb.it/?6185
Starts: 09:00 8th Mar 2022
Ends: 17:00 8th Mar 2022
- Learn how Azure Data Explorer works and how you can use it to query billions of rows in near real-time.
Should delegates bring a laptop with them?
- Yes, if they want to follow along.
If so what Spec?
- No special spec., but it would need internet connection.
What software and licences do they need?
- A modern browser, and an Azure account.
What is the structure of the day?
- Presentations/demos intertwined with lab work.
What internet requirements do the delegates have?
- Connectivity to Azure.
What will the delegates get out of the day?
- A deep understanding of Azure Data Explorer, and how ADX can be used to do near real-time analytics. In addition the delegates will get all slides, demo code and lab material.
The SQL Bits Story
SQLBits was formed in 2007 by a group of volunteers who were passionate about the SQL Server product suite and wanted to provide much-needed community-driven education to the data community.
As one of the largest data platform conferences in the world, we offer more opportunities to a wider audience.
We’ve grown and expanded a lot since 2007.
SQLBits is the best place to meet fellow data professionals.
We welcome data professionals from all over the globe.
1140 recorded sessions
All the live sessions are recorded and offered for free, year round.
Experience the SQLBits Conference
Want to be part of the SQLBits community?
Attend the London conference in-person or virtually on